Visioning efforts often create an inspirational statement without answering, “How will we get there?”
Identify the strategic priorities and plans to accomplish the vision.
Each “vision-to-action” project is a collaborative effort with a leadership team and is tailored to fit your specific needs and context. Typical steps in the process are:
- Review the current vision, and clarify or revise if appropriate
- Obtain relevant input (e.g., surveys, focus groups, statistical data)
- Define key implications of the vision
- Identify a small number of strategic priorities that will best advance the vision
- Develop specific action steps for each strategic priority
- Design a plan for communication and implementation
A mid-size church had developed a vision statement several years earlier, but this was little more than a slogan on their Sunday bulletin. In the vision-to-action project, the leadership team sharpened this vision with a clear focus on discipleship. They then identified strategic priorities related to community-building, biblical teaching, and hospitality, and they created specific steps for each. As a result, the church has experienced revitalization after a long period of stagnation.
Contact me to schedule a time to discuss how a consulting project might benefit for your church or ministry.