Without a clear vision, important organizational decisions will be unfocused and uncoordinated, or will default to the status quo.
Create a clear, shared, and compelling vision that provides direction for the future.
Each visioning project is tailored to fit your specific needs and context. Typical steps in the process are:
- Select a “vision community” for the discernment process
- Review congregational history, existing vision or mission statements, and organizational strengths and weaknesses
- Obtain input from the congregation (or other constituents)
- Consider key concepts that may be included in the vision
- Develop the vision statement, including explanation of key words and phrases
- Create a communication plan and other next steps
- Seek God’s leadership throughout the process
As they neared the completion of a major building campaign, one church decided to update its vision. A small team of leaders examined the church’s history, identity, reputation in the community, and input from members to create the new vision statement. After the roll-out, the new vision provided a framework to guide programming and resourcing decisions and created a new sense of excitement in the congregation.
Contact me to schedule a time to discuss how a consulting project might benefit for your church or ministry.